Sunday, January 3, 2010

Reed Three Weeks Old

We are home! Reed was discharged on New Years Eve, and has been home now for three days. I've been so busy ever since I didn't get to update until now. He hardly ever cries, and is so cuddly, it's nice to carry him around the house.
Reed has high caloric needs, his work of breathing takes up a lot of energy. We are working with him on feeding, stamina, and gaining weight. We feed him my expressed milk, with added formula to increase the calories. He has to eat 2.5 ounces every three hours around the clock in order to gain weight. Reed has a feeding tube, often he can't finish his bottle, and we put the rest down the tube. This whole process takes up to an hour, and I have to pump on top of that. I get 2 hours before starting the whole process over again.
In the meantime my beautiful perfect daughters get away with murder, because I'm so focused on Reed. Their room is an abomination, like every shelf and drawer threw up on the floor. Somehow Anisten unpotty trained herself, has been pooping and pottying in her panties. Lilly tattles and fights with Anisten. The girls love Reed, want to hold him, and "help" me with everything. They have had to become very independent, and are taking all this pretty well. I keep telling myself that this won't be forever. Rylan has been amazing, we trade off feedings when he is home.
Anisten fell asleep like this the other day........ HaH!



4 comments:

  1. I can't believe he's 3 weeks old already! So happy for you that he is home. I hope you'll get more rest soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that he's finally home. I've been thinking a lot about you still. Keep that perspective: it's not going to be like this forever because there are going to be a lot of days where you'll wonder what happened to your sweet little girls. Sleep deprivation doesn't do much for patience, but hang in there. I know you'll enjoy every minute that you can; there's something about perspective of a little life. i think you've got it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy Reed is home with you and your family. I hope you are all hanging in there. I'd love to come see you when Reed is a little older!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay you are home! Cute Picture! I have one like this with eli. Just cracks me up when they do the cutest things.

    ReplyDelete

You Love Us!